A few weeks ago I decided to take the leap and implement Webpacker into an existing Rails project. Initially this seemed like a great idea and almost too easy thanks to the rails/webpacker project. After a couple of hours I had everything working and some existing React components migrated from a custom compile system to the asset pipeline. Deploying to staging had a few minor hiccups, but nothing major and the project was ready for sign-off and production release.
Today, I spent longer than I feel comfortable admitting solving a supposedly simple problem in my EmberJS application. Since this particular issue was so frustrating and undocumented I'm going to share my experiences in case someone else comes across the same hair-pulling nightmare in the future.
I've been meaning to try out Github Pages for quite a while, but never had a project that was suitable as nearly all of my work is built on a custom back end server. I also wanted to get a few old projects online to share the code so people can maybe do something cool with it.
Where has the time gone! I've been working at my new job for almost a whole month now and it still feels like I've just started! For those of you that don't know I'm now a programmer at Performance Horizon which is pretty awesome; quite the change from flash gaming! It's also the main reason I've been neglecting my personal projects and blog updates to concentrate all the cool things I've been working on.
I've updated my Blog to support Google Code Prettify since I'm going to be posting a lot more coding and example posts.