I spent a lot my time this weekend looking into a long overdue infrastructure upgrade for all of our hosted GoStatic sites and found some awesome tools a long the way. Something I've wanted to learn for a long while is the lua programming language due to it's small footprint and simplicity.
One of the huge down-sides of having a static site is the in-ability to do search. It's not impossible, but the solutions out there are no where near as good as their dynamic CMS competitors. Searching a static site is hard. GoStatic now supports the ability to search your entire project without having to do any extra configuration on your end.
Today, I spent longer than I feel comfortable admitting solving a supposedly simple problem in my EmberJS application. Since this particular issue was so frustrating and undocumented I'm going to share my experiences in case someone else comes across the same hair-pulling nightmare in the future.
I've had the same dull blog layout for years. Even in my transition from Blogger to Wordpress and finally Jekyll I've still kept the look similar. While I'm the first to admit that my design skills aren't great, I still thought it would be a fun idea to spent the day making the layout more content focused and less cluttered.
The community tap I created for custom Nginx modules within Homebrew just got accepted into the official Homebrew organization. This is huge news for the project as it means there should be way more usage and contributions thanks to the extra exposure. This is also a good time to share a couple of unannounced updates I added in the last couple of weeks.